1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The resignation of Norwood Teague at Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think AD is one of those jobs where if your coaches in revenue sports are successful, you are deemed to be good at your job.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Only if you were the one who hired them. Otherwise, the previous guy gets all the credit.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you are creeping female staff and colleagues, you aren't good at your job, period.

And for fuck's sake, once the Big 10 Network checks start rolling in, it ain't exactly Nobel economics to turn a profit.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Something Something finger licking good?

expendable likes this.
  5. Fans and boosters also like competitive, winning teams.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm relieved when their football coach is alive at the end of games.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is bullshit as is this story.

If it were me or someone that works for me - we would have been in the President's office the first time some shit like this went down - the incident in the car service after drinks. The first day.

This story smells like piling on and self important bullshit and frankly, now that there is nothing to lose, who cares?

If you wanted to take a stand and make a stand, you should have done it when you could have prevented other women from this treatment.

There is nothing "courageous" or "heroic" about burying a dead man.

Nothing at all.

The Star Tribune reporter choose to say nothing because she wanted to get ahead in her career? That's a cop out, this is 2015, not 1950.

If it was that bad - and it sounds like it was - her and her editors should have went straight to the top of the University and demanded immediate action.

These kinds of after the fact first-person accounts of authority figures behaving badly all stink to the high heaven - either take a stand when there is a stand to be taken or just shut up because you just sound self important and petty at this point.

All of that being said, this dude is an asshole, borderline predator and anyone who gives him the "well he is an alcoholic and needs help"
    out is as big of an asshole.

He should never work in athletics again.

8. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

This is such blame the victim crap its vomit inducing.

Sure, like you pretend to know what its like to be in her position; big bad tough guy never going to take any crap from anyone.

Instead of pretending to know what its like, here's a suggestion, go ask your mom, your daughter what its like to be subjected to that treatment; ask them what its like to have their livelihood, their life, threatened and ask them if they immediately confronted their accuser with the scorched Earth policy you suggest.

See its not so easy.

(FWIW, someone in my family shared that they were abused by a family member and it scars them decades later.)

This is what I despise, someone pretending to know what its like and criticizing them.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've never been anywhere close to being in a situation like she was in. I can't condemn her for her choices, because I don't know for sure I'd have done it differently given the way women who do file complaints are often treated.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it were someone who worked for you, you would not have been in the President's office the first time because you would not have known about it.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Typical Zagoshe tough guy crap. Don't feed the troll.

She handled it as well as she could have. Were the tables reversed and it was a female harassing a male reporter, I'd say the same thing. Of course she worried about her career. She has food to put on the table and rent to pay.

qtlaw24 likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This story reminds me of Cosby. If it were easy, all women would bring things like this to light immediately. Unfortunately, they often fear consequences. And then the number of victims increase.

Draft saved Draft deleted