1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Republicans have their own "Monica" scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, May 24, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's why he should have declared war on the towelheads in Afghanistan and Pakistan and then called ridding the world of Saddam Hussein a policing action. It would have worked out well for him, much better than this

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Interesting choice of words.

I believe Barbara Bush used those same words to describe how the Astrodome was "working out well for them" (meaning the displaced Katrina evacuees).

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I never miss an opportunity. And just for that, here you go:
    [​IMG]

I left it blank so that you can determine how much you need. :)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Pastor. I am truly blessed.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That's good because I just received an overdraft notice on my blessings account.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I am selling some of the blessings on ebay. Hope you don't mind.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It all depends on who you sell it to. Some of those eBayers are just looking to take advantage.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What is the free market value of a blessing these days?

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Of course, the fact that Congress voted to declare war on Iraq several years ago might have something to do with that :).

Vietnam was most definitely a war, although according to Congress, it was a "police action."

Nobody used the U.S. military on more "police actions" than Bill Clinton, but a lot of them were go-in and get-out nation-building missions -- some of which went really, really bad -- and quick overnight aspirin factory bombings.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yesterday on CNN, Paul Begala actually said to Wolf Blitzer, 'Monica Lewinsk...ah, er...haha, Monica Goodling...'

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What Congress approved contained a series of conditions, each of which the White House ignored.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a major victory for the White House, the Senate early Friday voted 77-23 to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq if Saddam Hussein refuses to give up weapons of mass destruction as required by U.N. resolutions.

Now, seeing as we had UN inspectors in Iraq in February 2003 to, you know, declare whether Saddam had met the conditions of the resolutions, and that the UN said (before we kicked them out) that they could find no weapons . . . the day we invaded Iraq it became Bush's war and not Congress' war.

A couple of other tidbits from the resolution:

"The resolution requires Bush to declare to Congress either before or within 48 hours after beginning military action that diplomatic efforts to enforce the U.N. resolutions have failed."

Diplomatic efforts? Kicking the inspectors out before they have finished --- and after being told that so far nothing has been found --- is someone's idea of a "diplomatic effort"?

"Bush also must certify that action against Iraq would not hinder efforts to pursue the al Qaeda terrorist network that attacked New York and Washington last year."

Afghanistan is still a monster problem. The Taliban has resurfaced. Al-Qaeda cells are alive and well inside Pakistan. Any questions?

"And it requires the administration to report to Congress on the progress of any war with Iraq every 60 days."

Well, Bush kept his work on this one. Kind of.

Every 60 days, he says "We are making progress."

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

12. Forgive me but Congress did no such thing. An AUMF is not a declaration of war.
    How many US servicement died in Kosovo? In Bosnia? Who built the military that Fredo wrecked?
    Somalia was Daddy Bush's legacy to Clinton.

Draft saved Draft deleted