1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Republicans have their own "Monica" scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, May 24, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yeah, but just think about all the exercising that is involved. At least it would force some of the kids to turn the TV off once in a while!

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And Allah is very happy that W was the president before AND after 9/11.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Bush says terrorists are a threat to the children of the shit-for-brains Washington press corps?

He actually might have a point on that one:

[​IMG]

http://thatvideosite.com/view/1091.html

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you, man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, we wouldn't be missing out on an unnecessary never-ending war in a country ........ we'd just be involved in a different unneccesary war, or conflict, or policing action or whatever politician word you want to use it in a different country.

Why? Because that is what our foreign policy and our military have become.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Rossi, why do you hate the WPC so? I'm curious.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Always looking for a reason to throw down an extra prayer or two, aren't you?

7. Politician word?

8. zagoshe

Yes -- Politician word -- if they don't want it to be considered a war -- and thus avoid the scrutiny of the current cluster fuck, they call it a "policing action" or a "conflict" or a "Humanitarian act" or whatever other clean little word they can up with for the same kind of "sticking our noses and troops where they don't belong for political gain" bullshit.

9. I don't know of any politician of either party that doesn't call what's going on in Iraq a war.

10. zagoshe

I agree but that's because Bush wanted to seem presidential back when people were waving flags and shouting "KILL THOSE MUTHAFUCKIN' TOWELHEADS." so he himself labeled this a war.

Had he used some foresight, he would have found a different word for it, one that is more politician friendly and thus would not have not brought so much scrutiny on himself.

For instance, had he spared us the weapons of mass destruction silliness and said we were at war with the Taliban in Afghanistan but on a peace keeping mission in Iraq, half the country wouldn't want to hang him high at this point.....

11. IU90

IU90 Member

Bullshit Zag.

First, I'd point out that the "Towelheads" people were screaming about back then were the ones connected to those who'd actually attacked us--they were in Afghanistan and to a lesser extent Pakistan, Iran, Syria, and our loyal ally Saudi Arabia, but NOT IRAQ.

Second, prior military actions that have been labeled "humanitarian actions, policing actions, etc." generally had limited purposes where our stated goals were limited so that the label was at least arguably justifiable. But when your expressly stated purpose is to invade a country to overthrow its existing regime by force and then occupy it and install a new regime, there is no word short of WAR that could credibly be used.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, we'd just have him committed to an asylum for starting a war in a nation at peace and calling it a peacekeeping mission.

Draft saved Draft deleted