1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Republicans have their own "Monica" scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, May 24, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You do realize, ziggy, that the first Monica was an intern and probably hadn't given enough blowjobs to be able to fire U.S. Attorneys.

By the way, is that a little mayonnaise on your chin?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure that your head is so far up the Democratic party's ass that if Nancy Pelosi farts with authority it would blow up and then pop that vacuum in between your ears .

And you're a dunce, but carry on......

3. zagoshe

You are right, Monica probably wasn't able to hire and fire based solely on her hummer skills. However, it was her ability to put an entire Hoyo de Monterrey into her vagina that enabled her to gain that power.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How any of you think there's any difference between any politician in Washington is beyond me.

5. zagoshe

three_bags -- You are exactly correct.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

All are selfish, to a degree.

All are ethically challenged, to a degree.

All are power hungry, to a degree.

But some are simply more intelligent than others. Some hire advisers to challenge them, not simply to say "yes, sir; you're absolutely right, sir."

I don't mean to pick on one of my former Vols, but if you believe there is "no difference" between, say, Hillary Clinton and Heath Shuler, you are nuts.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And, the corrolary, how people can't see the difference between -- and I'll stay on my own side of the aisle here -- someone such as Paul Wellstone and someone such as Cynthia McKinney is equally beyond me.

8. Of course, there's no difference between John Lewis and Tom Delay.
    None at all.
    Of course, believing that is the fastest route to abandoning your obligations as a citizen to self-government and guaranteeing that the worst of the class has the most power.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

That's a big part of the mindset that got us President Guy You'd Like To Have A Beer With.

And for those who don't realize -- or evidently refuse to -- that there was a Grand Canyon-size chasm between him and the guy he ran against, well, do your country a favor and stay home next election day.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I just thank God that W was president after 9-11 and not AlGore.

Kneeling on a prayer rug five times a day is bad for my knees.

11. The Dunciad continues.
    http://electioncentral.tpmcafe.com/blog/electioncentral/2007/may/24/bush_to_reporter

Just. Shut. Up. Please.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

Yeah, would've hated to miss out on this completely unnecessary never-ending war in a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11. I can't imagine life without it.

Draft saved Draft deleted