1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Republicans have their own "Monica" scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, May 24, 2007.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is why it is so, so, so hard to defend any aspect of the Bush Administration:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/washington/24monica.html?hp

On what planet should a 33-year-old who has <i> never been a prosecutor </i> be making hiring and firing decisions on…<i> U.S. prosecutors </i>? This administration, and Republicans in general, is so hung up on loyalty and this single vision, courtesy of some asshole who went to three colleges and never bothered to graduate. Like Rove, this Monica is more or less a professional in debate, hyperbole and devil's advocacy. Could you imagine being interviewed by this person.

You know what it reminds me of? The old Mao regime. That's right. That was the crew that used to appoint some guy as a science minister because he had memorized a book of Chinese poems.

I await the rebuttals about the Clinton administration (because Republicans sole argument to all this nonsense is to tow the loyalty line and trot that bastard out for a couple more blows).

2. It should be noted that the previous Monica went through the London School of Economics and is now working for big money in the private sector. This Monica is a graduate of a third-rate fundamentalist diploma mill, a fourth-rate fundamentalist law school, and has never drawn a paycheck that wasn't wingnut welfare.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The fact that this isn't really a scandal is what is so sad.

4. IU90

IU90 Member

On what planet should a group of men who never served in the military be running the Pentagon and Department of Defense; or a woman with zero judicial or constitutional law experience be a President's nomination as a Supreme Court Justice; or a man with no emergency management experience be appointed to run FEMA? You could go on all day with that game and the Bush Administration.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How do you suppose the career employees at justice -- many of whom are quite accomplished -- feel about this lady having been given hiring and firing power?

Then, think how they feel about it now being public knowledge.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Jesus loves her. This I know. 'Cause the administration tells me so.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really, though, something had to be done about all these activist judges and the apparently not-activist-enough U.S. attorneys.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Activist judge = disagrees with my position.

Constitutional judge = agrees with my position.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought Bush got a blowjob when I saw this thread title. Horrifying thought, I know.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, and I'm quite sure the previous Monica was hired because of her schooling and not because she could suck a golf ball through slick willy's garden hose......

11. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

Well, the first Slick Willy reference took longer than I thought. ::)

12. You're not quite sure about anything because you're a dunce.
    But carry on.

Draft saved Draft deleted