1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Religion of Peace" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RubberSoul1979, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

they could have bombed the rail lines to the concentration camps.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My point exactly.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

We're not going to get anywhere until we understand in the White House what "radical Islam is." Say what you want about 2001-2008. but the cesspool that is the Middle East was in a hell of a lot better shape then.Not great, but better than now.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Once again, the civilized world is NOT just "putting up with" them, instead the civilized world does not know how to end them. The civilized world has been trying everything short of another full scale invasion. And considering that we recently did try a full scale invasion into that same patch of the globe and it turned out the be the most colossally stupid and costly blunder in our foreign policy history and only made things far worse there instead of better, we're having a wee bit of difficulty mustering support for going through that all over again.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect me, why should I care? #Americans

YankeeFan, doctorquant and old_tony like this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It might help if the leading country of "the civilized world" elected a president who wasn't a supporter of ISIS.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Eh, Obama is just a liberal over his head on foreign policy. He doesn't want to confront and he's scared to, anyway.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You've lost your freaking mind.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No kidding.

I've never even heard anyone accuse Stephen Harper of supporting ISIS.

JC and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is probably correct in terms of what it would take to initially chase them out. But, once again, the question is what happens AFTER that? We're looking at yet another insanely costly occupation that could end up lasting yet another friggin decade. Because we sure as shit should've learned by now that 1) the moment you open any sort of power vacuum in the Mideast the bad guys immediately sweep in and fill it; and 2) an independent democratic Iraqi govt is not capable of holding the place on its own without opening up that power vacuum.

This is immeasurably more complicated than some posters here seem to think. But I guess that's hardly surprising considering an entire presidential administration also didn't understand how complicated it was when they cracked open this pandora's box with that fucking 2003 invasion.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Which is why we've done thousands of air strikes against them.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah, because all of those bombings, arming of Kerdish fighters and drone strikes were just symbolic thumbs up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.