1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Recruiting Hat Dance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious stupidity of this idea, what happens when Podunk High has one ceremony for the 2-3 kids who are signing, all with different teams?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They each wear the logo of the school they are signing with. No other logo paraphernalia in the room.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I would say this is the most ridiculous idea Starman has ever come up with, but I've been around here for awhile so I know better.

It's pretty ridiculous, though.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a riot waiting to happen.
    And the guy in the LSU shirt in my example wasn't someone engaging in "crotch-grabbing pageantry." He's someone who showed up to school, or the restaurant, or the ceremony, or wherever, who happens to be wearing the colors of a local team that's not the one the guy is signing with. You're seriously saying he ought to be thrown out of the place and possibly have the shit beaten out of him for it?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The diva-dramaqueens running the press conference get to decide who gets to stay wearing what kind of shirts.

They're hotshit hotshot high school jocks. They're used to ordering people around.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sees nothing wrong with it

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Institute Starman's rule and instead of hats you are going to have kids walking into the press conference bulldog puppy and a gamecock pheasant under each arm, only to hand them both off and pull a baby alligator out from under the table.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This would be incredible.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

or. . . .as I have seen in a signing presser I covered once. . . kid signing with tOSU, presser is in a classroom and on the back wall is a Michigan banner. they happened to be in a classroom of a teacher who graduated from UM. Is that enough to scuttle half the kids freshman year?

Also I'm sure we've all seen high school teams with logos that are blatant ripoffs of a college logo. Who gets to explain to the NCAA that the 'B' stood for the Bumblefuck High Bears, not Baylor.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for a kid to reveal his choice of college by dropping his pants to reveal boxers with that school's logo.
    Of course you can see half their boxers anyway.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Damn kids with their boxer shorts hanging out the backs of their pants.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The tattoo reveal would be better.

Draft saved Draft deleted