1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The real winner in TO saga: Dr Pepper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mediaguy, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Damn straight. I only make it to Stephenville twice a year, but I always make a side trip to Dublin and get a case.

And 'yab got the joke ... :)

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Does anybody remember when Dr Pepper used to advertise with the numbers 10-2-4?
    Apparently it was the times of the day that the "Dr" prescribed you to drink his soda for better health.

3. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

You're right. I bought my first Dr. Pepper in years today. I'm sure it had something to do with all T.O. coverage, on top of the soda's new "23" marketing campaign.

And I'm contemplating getting a Mac for the home office instead of a PC. Those commercials make you wonder why anyone buys a PC over a MAC.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Mr. Pibb should have gone to grad school if he wanted to compete.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's no period after the Dr

I don't even like the stuff and I know that.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Why is there no period? Always wondered that.

And it is the greatest fucking pop (as we say up here) ever made.

7. I can't tell you why there's no period, but I do know that when the product first came out, it did have a period and then slowly got removed over time. I know this meaningless stuff because my girlfriend's grandfather collects Dr Pepper memorabilia, but only if there's a period after Dr.
    Yes, that's all he has to live for.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

So, is the David Naughton "wouldn't you like to be a Pepper" ad playing over and over? That would get old fast.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to the Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr Pepper? I got hooked on that stuff thanks to SportsJournalists.com, but now my local stores only carry the 500 ml bottles.

I want the 2 L size, dammit!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So you can pour it into the radiator; people for years have said it tastes like anti-freeze.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Isn't Dr Pepper poker 3s and 9s wild, 4 buys you another card?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great game, but we did 3s and 6s.

sidenote: what the hell is up with the pop-up ads?

Draft saved Draft deleted