1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Real Inventor of Money Ball Returns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe he will bring Art Howe back to Queens

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

This from the dickhead who's in love with a douchebag who has won 1 division title in 16 years as a manager.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What exactly do that have to trade for Greinke? And why on Earth would you want to bring that kind of fragile psyche to New York?

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I was always a bigger Ricciardi fan than most. He could be and usually was a dick to the media, but he drafted and assembled a very, very good pitching staff for very little money. Jays fans have piled on relentlessly since he was fired, but the vast majority of the team that's now giving them wood are Ricciardi's guys.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree OOP that Greinke's fraglie psyche could be a disaster in NY. But if the Royals are willing to unload him for younger, unproven talent, it's pretty much a no-lose situation.

6. outofplace

I doubt you intend it that way, but now you sound like a Yankees fan, thinking the small-market team is just going to hand over the really talented player for whatever your team is willing to give them.

What do the Mets really have to give up in terms of prospects for a guy like Greinke?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have no idea what it would take to get Greinke but I do know that the Twins, a far better, smarter, more savvy organization than the Royals, gave away Santana for four nobodies.
    The Mets then made the mistake of giving Johan too long a contract but the original trade was a steal.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's always the first name to pop into your mind when you lean back and
    reflect on the preferred Sandy managerial profile.

9. outofplace

The Twins were facing losing Santana for nothing after that season. Greinke is signed through 2012. Not just different teams, but different situations.

Greinke also has a limited no-trade clause and he does not want to be in New York.
    http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/status/29531270680

Draft saved Draft deleted