1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The real danger of anchor babies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 9, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They could grow up to become parents of Republican governors:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/NM-gov-Grandfather-came-to-US-without-documents-2160975.php

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Well, at least they weren't gay or had children out of wedlock or both

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow, another Republican who doesn't practice what they preach. I'm shocked, I'll tell ya. Shocked!

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Doesn't retroactively practice through his grandparent's sex life what he preaches?

Who is he, this guy?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was sure this would be about Marco Rubio.

Has no bearing. She's the grandchild of illegal immigrants. What that has to do with her stand on the issue is beyond me.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agree with YF. We're talking about records from the 1930 census? How that has any bearing on the problems we face today that are exacerbated by illegal immigration -- crime, the drug trade, the educational system, emergency rooms and health care at large -- escapes me.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I wish my kids were anchor babies in a EU country where you get citizenship just by being born there. Too bad my wife can't get a German passport.

8. Baron Scicluna

She indirectly benefitted from illegal immigrancy and now she wants a law that would prevent other illegals from benefitting.

And the strange thing is, I'd agree with her on the law. Except right now, this makes her look hypocritical.

9. Baron Scicluna

Well if we can ignore the current world by worrying about a birth certificate from 1961, why can't we worry about census records from 1930?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I swear on all that is holy I am going to have to dedicate my life to educating people on the proper use of that word. Holy mother of mercy. *head explodes*

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If she is willing to retroactively take away her grandparents drivers' licenses, I'm in her corner.

Illegals should be rounded up and sent home, lest they spawn more conservative politicians.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If she was Mormon, she could baptize her grandparents, get them drivers licenses, and grant them citizenship -- all while they're dead.

Kidding folks. Just kidding.

Draft saved Draft deleted