1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ray Rice Elevator Video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 8, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

only a racist assumed that he hit her first. Real men assumed she provoked it

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - if we were to believe what the leading NFL writers were putting out there back
    in July.
    Anyone following the case knew that the other video existed.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I mean, anyone sane did, but there was plausibility in the Stephen A. Smith "elements of provocation" scenario. There was a strong undercurrent of that in the first go-round with the case, that maybe just maybe she was smacking him and he just got a little carried away. After all, she apologized too!

But now that's all out the window.

4. Boom_70

Looking forward to hearing Ray Lewis take tonight on Monday Night Countdown.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have been watching the Network all morning and they have not touched this story.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Who cares if she "provoked" him? We all knew he knocked her out. And if you can't get out of a heated argument with a woman without punching her in the face, you're not much of a man.

7. LongTimeListener

As much as I'd like this to be Goodell's Katrina, the people who should be answering the most questions are the prosecutors who had that video and let him walk.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I can't tell if you're being serious.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not like he left her in the elevator, he dragged her cold ass out. That's what real men do with provocative women

10. Boom_70

No doubt that Rice's attorney had a look at the video during discovery
    and told Rice to jump on the plea bargain.

11. LongTimeListener

I am. If you look at John Harbaugh's explanations that they both have things to work on, and her apology, and the general tenor of "we only saw the aftermath, we don't know what really happened," and pair it up with the "elements of provocation" (which Stephen A. wasn't the only idiot spouting), there was a definite feel that Ray was somehow provoked and, like I said, got carried away. Or that she was completely drunk and out of control.

Like I said, not among sane people. But all the NFL was looking to do was get the nut-lickers on its side.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right. I'm talking about sane people not associated with the Ravens or the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted