1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random Random thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Yahoo's has that little block on its home screen that tells you what's trending..
    How about a thread on what's trending with SportsJournalists.comers?

This morning, for no real reason other than curiosity, I started searching for a kid I covered when he played high school golf.
    Nice kid - I really liked him - and a pretty good prep golfer.
    Fast forward a few years and he's convicted of rape(s) when he went to college (the kid and alcohol apparently don't mix) ... He pleaded guilty got some jail time and is on probation and registered sex offender.
    I am fascinated, surprised and saddened at how this kid turned out ... He was a really nice kid. But apparently he has some issues... His dad was kind of an ass and is a recovering alcoholic.
    Anyway, I Googled him ... Found his mom on Facebook... She has many pictures of her and her daughter and her husband and grandkids, but none of her son.

More Googling and I found his mugshot. He's heavier (about 50 to 70 pounds heavier) with a shaved head. And angry-looking .... So much different than the junior high kid I knew and liked. He constantly called me Mister Redenbacher...

Anyway, that - and pics of Inspector Gadget - are what I have been searching for today.

Draft saved Draft deleted