1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rams for Romo; the shocker for Jessica

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Romo has a month of free time to spend w/Jessica -- broken pinkie

Even if the Cowboys win it all, Phillips is gone after this year. Jerrah is paying Garrett too much money to keep him as OC any longer.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah ... I just love it when jealousy over being successful rears its ugly head in so many ways. And of course I'm not talking about recent success, but not even the Niners or Steelers get this kind of hate. It's kind of pathetic in a way.

Then again, I give Yankees fans the same shit so I'm a part of the pathetic squad when it comes to baseball.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Jealousy? No, Tommy. Just pure, pure hatred of a despicable team and organization. :D

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Frankly, the Cowboys fans are what fuels my hatred these days. They're more obnoxious than Yankees fans.

5. jps

jps Active Member

and I thought we had a good thing going, sc ...

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Seriously, and I know I'll get backlash over this because you're so well liked on here. But get over yourself already. You obviously hang around the wrong kind of Cowboys fans. We're not all as obnoxious as Yankees fans, but thanks for the stereotype.

And buck,

Glad you put that :D in there because if you were calling Tom Landry despicable I'd have to smite you :D

7. jps

jps Active Member

The good Lord would have beaten you to it, tommy.

8. sportschick

I'm talking about you, Tommy. I don't even like to open the NFL threads because I know you'll have fawned all over the 'Boys to the extent that I'll want to hurl. In fact, you've increased my hatred of the Cowboys by your mere presence here lately. Nobody can say a single negative word about the team without you jumping all over them.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey, good people can work for shitty organizations. I used to work for a Singleton rag, you know. ;)

And yes, Cowboys fans are absolutely as obnoxious as Yankees fans. At least all the ones I've ever been around are. Sorry.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

And you haven't noticed that I've actually been a lot better about it lately. I stick up for my team, get over it. I'm a passionate, knowledgable fan. I've poked fun at the Cowboys on more than one occasion lately and more than one time in my life. I'll admit I get riled up about a team I've invested a lot of emotion into my whole life. But I will say this, you shouldn't knock me until you've seen just what kind of fan I am personally. Yeah, I'll get mad if they lose, what FAN wouldn't. But I'm also a hell of a lot more respectable than some of the Bucs, Steelers, Falcons and, yes, Cowboys fans, that I've met in person. You judge me from a message board, hey do whatever floats your boat but don't think for a moment that I won't react negatively to criticism of the team I choose to root for. Sorry if it ruffles your feathers, but you don't have to read my posts do you? Again, get over yourself.

And buck, hey I'm not saying that Cowboys fans can't be obnoxious as Yankees fans. I know plenty of them. I also know plenty of respectable Yanks and Cowboys fans. Sorry you've had some bad experiences.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I am a Cowboys fan because I grew up in the area and they were my favorite sports team when I was a kid. However, if I weren't a Texas boy, I am sure I would loathe the Cowboys. So it goes. You can take the boy out of the DFW Hellplex, but I'll bear the mark of the Hellplex til I die.

As for their fans? I don't know about America's Bandwagon, i.e., those with no ties to Texas who cheer for Dallas when the team is doing well. As for Cowboys fans here in Texas, they seem like most NFL fans of teams from Sun Belt cities- not very knowledgeable about the game, prone to delusions of grandeur when the team is winning and dumb excuses when the team is losing. Not the best group of fans- kind of shallow in general- but I'll take 'em any day over the aggressive, thuggish fans from some of the towns up north.

And as for Romo, he'll be fine in time for what even at this early date looks like an inevitable wildcard berth.

12. sportschick

And how else are we to judge you, TD, if not by your posts on this board? If you're going to post on here, you get judged by those posts for better or worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted