1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Raiders and the 2003 Super Bowl sabotage conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What can I say? I had your shining example to follow.

Also, I really think you were hoping for another pissing match to cover your latest blunder. Sorry that didn't work out for you.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

blunder, yes. i admitted i was wrong like three times, but yet, somehow, the biggest fucking twat on the board, who once suggest like five times that i never could admit i was wrong, is saying i can't say i'm wrong enough.

man, you are the most obtuse, fucking cock sucking twat ever to sign on to this fucking site. it's no wonder every person, every last person at this site, fucking hates you.

kindly go fuck yourself now, asshole.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Found at long last: A scenario too bizarre for the Ray-duhs.

4. outofplace

Ah, there goes that temper again.

No, you did not admit you were wrong three times. You admitted it once, after trying to deflect it with snide, silly comments twice. I'm sorry you have so much trouble with facts, but kindly stop whining about it already.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/tim-brown-alleges-bill-callahan-sabotaged-raiders-03-super-bowl

Watching this video, Tim Brown is either a pathological liar or completely telling the truth and everyone else is trying to cover up. There's no in-between. He is giving specific anecdotes of meetings between Robbins and Callahan, players accusing Callahan of sabotage at halftime, wanting to fight him.

"We go into the Super Bowl knowing that we don't have a chance to win. The only way we have a chance to win this game is if Tampa Bay doesn't show up -- if they don't come out of the locker room. We have guys on the sideline at the Super Bowl who are trying to get to the head coach, guys who want to fight him at the Super Bowl on the sideline. ... In the locker room, that's all anybody was talking about. 'This is sabotage, Callahan. You did this for Gruden.' That's what people were saying, 'You hate the Raider organization so much, and the fact that it was your boy across the field, this was the perfect opportunity to do what you did.'"

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

wow. how many times do i have to admit i was wrong to make you happy, twat?

and i'm guessing that number would equal the same exact number more than you've ever suggested that you were ever wrong on this board. seems ironic that you would be the person to beat this drum ... don't you feel a little, you know, fucking stupid at this point, since you're pretty much wrong all the fucking time but never can admit as much?

7. outofplace

If any of what you posted was true, that might bother me. Given that it's more of your made-up crap, not so much.

I did give you credit for finally admitting your failure. I just pointed out that you tried to bury it in your snide BS first.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

of course, champ. of course.

cause you have never, ever been wrong.

leading me to once again say: if i had the option of sitting across from the dinner table from you for 25 years or blowing my fucking head off with a .357, i would, rest assured, pick the smith and wesson, because you, sir, are the poster child for the right to commit suicide.

i'm quite sure your real life is much, much more lonely than it is here, which is a sad, sad statement. with that said, go start an argument with somebody about a crack in the sidewalk, you miserable piece of shit.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

wasn't there also some story about the Raiders not changing the audibles (audibles Gruden had installed when he was coach)? Between sabotage and Callahan being a dumbass I'm not so sure it wasn't the latter.

10. outofplace

You talk about blowing your brains out far more than is healthy.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's true, but the line for this game from Callahan's first year at Nebraska was apparently 28.5. Makes for an interesting boxscore.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=243180201

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's the thing. The only way I can see someone wanting to throw a Super Bowl is, like the 1919 WS, either for major gambling purposes or because they were threatened with violence by a credible threat.

College games, I could see, especially since the athletes aren't getting paid, except for under the table.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted