1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Raiders and the 2003 Super Bowl sabotage conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Come on, TP. I'll give you a hint so that even you can figure it out. Look at who played quarterback for the Raiders in that game.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

fuck you. i'm sticking with rich gannon.

3. outofplace

See!? I knew you would finally get it.

Yes, you accused Jeff Hostetler of throwing Super Bowl 37 even though it was Rich Gannon who played quarterback for the Raiders in that game. Just embrace the fail, TP.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess it's my fault. Any thread started is a thread where Tom and oop can play out what so clearly is the frustration of their unrequited love.

Anyhoo, back to the story ... one thing I remember about that Super Bowl is Rice was miked up. After the first or second series, Jerry Porter came over to him and said "Man, we need to start running the ball" and the mikes picked it up. About five minutes later, Michaels said Rice had ripped out his mike and they wouldn't be hearing from that for the rest of the day.

5. outofplace

The only thing that is your fault is the foolish suggestion that this idiotic theory is "growing some legs" and your latest attempt to justify that claim.

6. it was a fucking game. get some perspective in your pathetic life. grow up.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The story is growing plenty of legs. I think my initial post used the word "lunacy." But it is definitely being talked about, a little bit more each day.

8. outofplace

Guess I shouldn't underestimate the love Raiders fans have for conspiracy theories.

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Could just be that Callahan is a bad coach.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the only difference is that i can say i fucked up ... i fucked up. my apologies.

11. outofplace

Congratulations. You only tried to blow it off with snide comments twice before finally admitting what the rest of us already knew.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

actually, it was snide funny, but when i was straight to the point, you had to be a cock sucker.
    so, congrats to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted