1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Raiders and the 2003 Super Bowl sabotage conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I heard on an ESPN radio show this evening that Brown said this 4 years ago, and it got a little traction then.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

hahaahahaha.

no, the other one. the one against gruden.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

if you believe that you either were drunk, stoned or drunk and stoned when you watched it.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was Trestman's no comment a "This is so stupid I'm not going to comment" no comment?

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

My guess is Trestman's no comment was a "I just got my first head-coaching job in the NFL and I have 5,000 better things to do with my time than respond to this insanity" no comment.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Callahan' Huskers once gave up 76 points to KANSAS.

Kansas.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can understand Brown making the comments in light of Callahan getting hired in Dallas. Have no clue why he would bring it up when he's up for a HOF vote. Only reminds voters that he doesn't have a ring and that he thinks he might have had one, but the coach decided to um, make him less of the focus.

But he seems to have done a good job anyway 1 catch for 9 yards vs. the Bucs. Dexter Jackson caught more passes from Gannon than he did.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Norrin, he's not taking your hint.

TP, you really think Jeff Hostetler threw Super Bowl 37, when the Bucs blew out the Raiders? Seriously?

Here's a link to the box score. Perhaps you can figure out the flaw in your theory. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301260rai.htm

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Tim Brown dropped two passes in the first quarter that would have been first downs.

Charlie Garner did too.

They threw the game.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Morons, your bus is leaving."

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And they are putting the blame on Callahan to protect themselves! Brilliant!

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i never spoke to you, little man. take your schizophrenia somewhere else.

Draft saved Draft deleted