1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The raddest sports posters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not a slideshow, thankfully -- a place where the Costacos Brothers still live.

http://thechive.com/2012/02/22/remember-these-rad-sports-posters-46-photos/

Apparently, they were the subject of an art show, believe it or not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarawarren/2012/01/18/new-exhibit-the-costacos-brothers-for-the-kids/

I bet Bubbler had this one on his bedroom wall:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great. What a trip.

Had the top one (Jordan). The other poster I recall having, but it isn't on there, is the Raiders secondary "No Passing Zone."

And what do you think the odds are that James Worthy got with his "secretary" after that shoot?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had the Rice one on my wall as a kid. I was only able to access the Forbes link, so I only saw nine of them.

My favorite sports posters as a kid were the Michael Jordan dunk contest one when his his arm is cocked back. I'd bet most of the people here between the ages of 30-40 owned it...

Bo Jackson with the shoulder pads and the baseball bat was another one that was just great.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing how vivid those posters are in your mind decades later? I can't remember anything from 20 years ago, but I can remember every poster and their locations on my wall in my room.

My favorite was from about 1991 in the only photo known in existence of Sandy Alomar, Jr. without a knee brace..

[​IMG]

5. Mizzougrad96

When I turned 6, my aunt gave me three baseball posters for my room. I had asked for George Brett, Rod Carew and Reggie Jackson.

They were out of Jackson, so my aunt, being from the east coast and not knowing any better, got me Brett, Carew and Steve Garvey.

The Brett and Carew were on my wall for years. Even at 6, there was no way in hell I was putting a Dodgers player on my wall.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Some great Chicago posters in there, Bob ... especially that one of Jordan taking off from the free-throw line.

I always liked this one, too:

[​IMG]

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

21 and Buck

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do kids still hang sports posters?

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

On their facebook profiles

10. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I can remember having posters plastered all over my walls. Funny though, my posters had the likes of Ricky Williams, Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, etc on them.

Still to this day have a poster of Davey Allison on the wall.

11. Mizzougrad96

Both of my boys do.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A copy of this hangs in his downtown Cleveland sports bar.

Draft saved Draft deleted