1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The quiet in Newtown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You're the one who mentioned the government and healing. I responded with an example. And from the post above this one, I proved you wrong.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And a healing image doesn't heal shit regardless of what MLB.com says.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As usual, you didn't prove shit.

And I'm perfectly fine with my posts here being removed as long as your bullshit is.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's not about healing. It's about trying to prevent it from happening to large numbers of people again.

Not everything is about healing.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

See? You're making this political.

And you'd use the suffering of a family to do so. Parading them around to the same people time after time and getting the same results....thereby adding to their grief.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In theory, there's no guarantee you will get the same results on the state level. It's bound to different in some states, for example. On a federal level, Roe v. Wade is still intact for abortions. On the state level, a great deal has changed in a great number of states.

As far as the political bent of this thread, you know, you just accused someone -- whose reputation as a measured poster is sterling -- of wanting to manipulate the parents of Newtown and add to their grief. It's BS. As someone who is sometimes rightly indicted for being a know-it-all: You don't always know all the angles and motivations of every poster. Don't pretend you do.

7. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Up until I began to pretend all that, this was a very constructive discussion, as I assume it was originally meant to.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

"And you'd use the suffering of a family to do so" is not very constructive. You're accusing another poster of wanting a family who lost a child to suffer. What's constructive about that?

9. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I think either side using this situation for political purposes is entirely inappropriate. Agree?

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What I'm trying to tell you is that your view on what posters seem to be doing isn't as keen as you think it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.