1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The quiet in Newtown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bush's first-pitch strike at Yankee Stadium meant nothing.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nope. It didn't "heal" anything.

Nice moment, but healing? Uh, no.

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Someone hasn't the gonads to say why they complained about my posts. Astonishing. FYI... I don't think it was Moddy at all. Someone else has it out for me at every turn.

No rules violation at all in any of it.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's not a political thread, but it's being turned into one with all of the rants that aren't served here but instead at the top thread. So take it there. There is a political aspect of the story, and it can be discussed about how it was put into the story. But when the thread veers off into political stances and name calling, that's where the problem is and it's not going to be allowed. Take it to the politics thread.

5. dog eat dog world

Who did I call a name? Cite, please. And how is it any different in tone from Tony's?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

MH, if you're deleting political posts, you probably need to delete the one Baron through up that referenced Bush. Just to be consistent of course.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Politics aside, one thing for sure...after reading this story I hugged my 5-year-old very tightly for a very long time (to the point where he said, "Dad, what are you doing? as he wiggled away).

8. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

You said this: Anyone who is pinning their hopes on any government to provide healing after a tragic event is out of their mind.

I said: Those parents are out of their mind.

Any parent would be. That's what the fuck it has to do with what you posted. So maybe that's why they took the path they did, even if it didn't actually help them.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-growing-a-little-tired-of-rushing-home-to,32069/

Area Man Growing A Little Tired Of Rushing Home To Hug Loved Ones

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Where did I say anywhere it was you specifically doing the name calling?

11. dog eat dog world

I made two posts on here along the line of what Tony said (and I outlined these in a previous post). Suddenly those posts were gone. Someone took them down and I was simply asking what rule they violated because it sure as heck wasn't any more directly related to politics than anything else that has been posted, and there sure wasn't any name-calling (except to Congress).

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The headline: President's first pitch provided healing image

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110906&content_id=24295806&vkey=09112011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.