1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Prisoner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GB-Hack, Nov 9, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

With Mad Men's third season now tucked away, AMC's remake of The Prisoner begins this Sunday with a two-hour premiere.

I'm not old enough to have seen the original when it first came out, but I was fascinated by it when British network Channel 4 re-aired the entire series back in the 1990s. I'm really interested to see what they're going to do with it this time around, and Ian McKellen as a permanent No.2, instead of the rotating cast they had in the original series, should be spectacular.

So, who's with me on this one?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I am definitely watching.
    I ordered the original series from Netflix. If you choose to do the same, be advised: For some reason they did not put the episodes in sequence when they released the discs. The first disc contains Episode 1 and an alternative version of Episode 4. Once I discovered that, I gave up.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm in.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'm on the fence.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm in, but with trepidation. I hope they don't fuck it up.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Wait a minute, a permanent No. 2? Wasn't one of the points of the original series that No. 2 was a constant revolving door?

And, please, enjoy a 1982 live version of Iron Maiden's kick-ass song inspired by the series:

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think, from watching the trailer, that it's going to be very different from the original. In case you hadn't seen it, here's the trailer.

http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner/?bcpid=19921019001&bclid=45497761001&bctid=45792072001

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I saw it. It piqued my interest, but I love the original. It's a high, high bar to clear.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think if the original was the high jump, this one is competing in the pole vault.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

We want information.
    Information.
    INFORMATION!!!

Who are you?

The new Number Two.

Who is Number One?

You are Number Six.

I am not a number . . . I am a FREE MAN!!!

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHH!!!!!

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm in. Given my performing schedule and JR being a 9 to 5 kind of guy, Sunday night is our 'date' night. Involves saving all my Weight Watchers extra points for an awesome meal including pre-dinner nibbles and cocktails and a bottle of wine (or two) with dinner. The capper has been "Mad Men". I'm hoping "The Prisoner" will be worthy.

12. Well?
    What did you think?

I'm still trying to decide if it was worth six hours of viewing.

Draft saved Draft deleted