1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The price of freedom?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 20, 2013.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Then put up with this shit on a regular basis (re: Israel) because it's coming.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Or they happen to visit websites that the US is monitoring through its cyber defense programs.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

People said the same after 9/11. There's been no wave of terrorist attacks since then, and there won't be one now.

What's that old quote about trading liberty for temporary security?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Would I let the police in if asked?" and "Should I have no choice?" are two different questions.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

It's called COOPERATING WITH THE AUTHORITIES. If we have a problem with that, fuck the cops. Fire them. Do away with the military. We can handle shit on our own.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

26 people die in Newtown, but there can't be any gun laws, because of the Second Amendment.

Three people die in Boston, and the Fourth Amendment goes out the window.

Gotta love consistency.

7. I thought Bostonians would react like the Boondock Saints. Facebook told me that.

8. If he likes authority so much, I'm sure he can find someone on Craigslist to order him around.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What's the alternative, throw up your hands and let 'em go free?

Then in a month or so, they set off bombs at a Yankees-Sox game in Fenway, take out a thousand people and injure 5,000?

I don't really get what's the hypothetical alternative here.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Two things do seem obvious now:

A) We need more armed teachers on the streets.

2) Homeland Security should be led by the guy who fixes coffee machines.

11. JackS

JackS Member

That is an AWESOME post.

To use someone else's phraseology, "the shit we have to put up with on regular basis" is mass shootings. That's not coming. It's already here.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Two things:

A) Don't forget the espresso machines. If you only focus on coffee machines, you'll never make enough money. The big money is in espresso machines.

2) The idea that you think this gets under my skin makes me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted