1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Price Is Right???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The show has been like that for 20 years. It's the worst.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I happened to watch Monday and they had the biggest winner in the history of the show -- she won $10K in cash and an Audi worth something in the $150K range. And she didn't even make it to the showcase.

The game she won -- Gas Money -- didn't seem all that difficult. Purely luck.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bob Braun!! He did those Craftmatic adjustable bed commercials in the 1980s where he'd look into the camera with that shit-eating grin and say "It's easy! So call for this free catalog right away!"

As for Drew, he has put back a bit of the weight. I remember when he lost it all and I thought Drew, you do not look healthy...

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I know. Those wacky kids are wacky. Us 40-somethings and above would never do anything like that.

What's that? Let's Make a Deal? Never heard of it.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ranked as Grantland's must-see YouTube video of the day.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's a wonder her head didn't explode. From the start, I mean.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well played.

8. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

What cheapskates. Couldn't find a V10 version in place of the V8 version for the show?

I think it's quite possible the fix was in as when Drew Carey initially read the five possible prices, the only one in which he read all six digits was the actual retail price of the Audi. Check the tape starting at 1:30. At the very least Drew showed his "tell" during the bit.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's not just the wacky kids. Everyone has a customized shirt these days.

Heck, Barker used to read them and have the camera show them when they got called up because it was such a novelty.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I still have my "Come on down ... the aisle" t-shirt from my sister's wedding weekend.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know someone who gets paid to be a friend?

I think there's another name for that besides "professional friend."

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

This x 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted