1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Price Is Right???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is Drew Carey still skinny? He shows up on a lot of those lists of celebrities who have had lap-band or gastric bypass who won't admit it.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I love his mop.

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Because men watch the show more than women do?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've actually met two different people who have won the showcase. One I would consider a professional friend, one a fringe acquaintance.

The first is a local network affiliate sports anchor. She was on the show long ago while in college. Every now and then they show the highlight of it on their newscast for a joke.

The other was the girlfriend of pro bowler Marshall Holman. In the mid-80s when the Tour would come to town I would be the guy covering it. During the qualifying rounds I was following Holman and talked with her quite a bit. The next winter I saw her on the show and she won the showcase.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I missed many an 8 am class freshman year to watch Barker instead.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In the early 80s --- the peak of the Beauties' hotness --- the CBS affiliate in my town dropped TPIR for about a year and showed The Bob Braun Show instead (a live entertainment/information show that originated in Cincinnati).

This college senior was most displeased.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My wife agrees 100 percent.

And don't worry ... still plenty of eye candy for us dudes. Here's one of the current models, Amber Lancaster:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When I went to LA for my sister's wedding, she got the whole wedding party to a taping of the Price is Right, and one of her friends made it onstage and won the showcase.

That sister later won a bunch of appliances on Let's Make a Deal with Wayne Brady.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dian Parkinson's Playboy spread caused many a small, furry animal to meet its demise.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Easily the high point of my 30+ years as a subscriber to Hef's rag.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Adam Sandler is a producer for the Price is Right. I'm assuming it is a second Adam Sandler, but wouldn't it be cool if it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sonova bitch, he produced one show in April which re-ran this week.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001191/?ref_=nv_sr_1#producer

Draft saved Draft deleted