1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Price is Exactly Right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Dec 17, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Dude hits the double showcase with a perfect bid. In other news, Drew Carey appears to have retired.

://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/17/the-price-is-exactly-righ_n_151779.html

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Bob Barker would have gone batshit wild, regardless of how old he was.

Drew's killing that show.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I used to love watching that show. I haven't watched it since Barker's retirement. Drew Carey has absolutely none of the enthusiasm that Barker had and Carey is lightyears younger.

The price is wrong, bitch Carey.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was terrible, Drew. There's a place for deadpan and that wasn't it.

And by the way, how about bidding within 500 bucks like the lady did and losing??

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Wow. Tremendous guessing.

You can't forget about these great Price is Right moments...

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The entire clip is 1:51. Bob would have made the reveal of the price take 1:51. He would have looked, he would have chuckled to himself, he would have teased the contestant. He would have said "the actual. retail. price of your showcase is ....... twenty-three thousand (crowd murmurs) ..... seven hundred (crowd gasps) .... forty (crowd now screaming) ...... THREE dollars." Cue crowd going crazy. Spay-neuter announcement is barely audible. And 85-year-old Beulah May Sumner in Cowboys Elbow, Wyoming jumps out of her chair for the first time in four years.

Jesus, it's something that hasn't happened in 3 1/2 decades. Muster a little enthusiam, Drew.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That guy would've probably been hugging and dry-humping Barker, too. Instead Carey just turned the guy away so he could finish his cat food commercial.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

He hasn't been the same since Kate left him.

9. KG

KG Active Member

For some reason, I'll never forget watching it with my mom one day when I was little and this lady they called down fell down the stairs. It's terrible, but I remember Mom and I laughing really hard because of it.

10. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

spot on

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I remember this one little, old lady couldn't spin the wheel and instead of just DQ'ing her, they kept letting her try and she refused to let Barker help her. The crowd booed her each time she failed to get the wheel the entire way around. It was rather amusing.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Would love to see Drew's reaction if John Elway nailed the price dead on.

Draft saved Draft deleted