1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Presumptuous Sports Illustrated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Clearly, Jim, the NASCAR tactic SHOULD be illegal. You've ordered nothing, and they send you some piece of garbage, and demand you either return it to them, or send them a check? They're stealing your
    time, either way. It's a holdup, and 'way out of legitimate marketing bounds.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

In California, if you didn't order it and they send it to you, you get to keep it at no charge. I don't know if it would be worth all the crap you would go through to keep them from billing you though.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men, brother. I've been an SI subscriber for 20 years at least and it's always the same shit. How many duffel bags, SI sweatshirts, NFL fleeces and piece of shit watches do you need? Come up with something else.

At least Playboy sends two - count 'em, two! - mags - not available on newsstands!! - with your sub renewal!

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Did anyone else get the hardcover Rick Reilly book sent to them without asking? I still haven't sent it back so they're probably expecting their $40. That takes a lot of balls to send you the book without asking, at beyond full price, and expect to you to find your own box and stamps to send back. Especially if it's a compilation book. Of Reilly.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here is the thing that is really effed up.

Their notice tells me they will charge my credit card $89 for 56 issues and send me T shirt.

If you go to their subscribe site you can get 56 issues for $39 and in addition T shirt and fleece jacket.

Nice way to treat long term customers - charge them $50 more for their troubles.

Dan Jenkins weeps.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Oh, it definitely SHOULD be illegal, Ben, but is anyone in the govt. gonna take notice without some screaming from the gallery? I doubt anyone on Capitol Hill gets billed for anything!

Draft saved Draft deleted