1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The pressure is off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Re, family name. My mom was never bugging my wife and I about grandchildren, she figured when they got here, they got here. My grandmother, on the other hand was relentless. "you have to have children, you have to carry on the family name". I had never been too worried about it and when my wife got pregnant, my grandmother was ecstatic.

So fast forward to the baby being born. I call and tell her we had a little girl.

"Oh, well congratulations, I guess, When are you going to start trying for a boy"?

We never did, and she never got over it. My brother has 2 daughters and when she sees us, she always accuses us of not caring for family. She is 93 now and still isn't over it.

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

And it's done at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009.

8 pounds, 8 ounces

18 1/2 inches long

10 toes and 10 fingers, one nose, two eyes, two ears

Parents are suitably proud, grandparents are already at full speed in spoiling the kid

I can't wait for the first birthday, which just happens to be the opening Friday of the 2010 high school football season. I'm sure my mother will want to make a big production out of it and be completely incapable of understanding why I would have to go to a game.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations. And Happy Birthday!

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nice! And trust me, soon you will be incapable of understanding why you have to go to a game.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You'll start getting busy now right now and get me a new generation of Facebook friends, dammit.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

And now this: We just had a company drawing as part of the United Way drive. I won a 42-inch hi-def flat screen TV.

I'm going to go by a lottery ticket.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Happy Birthday, happy new nephew, and lucky bastard!

Draft saved Draft deleted