1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The pressure is off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Mine, too, now that I think about it. Must. Stop. Thinking. About. It.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Somewhere, a lonely, lonely tear spills down a grown virgin's cheek and into a now-sodden bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Glad to see others are confused by Dyno's post...

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

So - you are your own best buddy?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He's not going to be happy. There are only two things you don't do in life: Stop short or tell Frank Costanza what to do. Nobody does that.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm ruined. Completely.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm the uncle of two, and there's nothing that compares to being mobbed at the front door by the both of them: "Uncle Mikey, Uncle Mikey, Uncle Mikey. ..." When the little girl grabs me as hard as she can for a hug and the 2-year-old boy runs to me with a football ... that's the life. I never want to leave their house.

Some of it gets old after a while -- no one likes being repeatedly slapped in the head, followed by laughter coming from all directions -- but I've never known unconditional love like that before they came along.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Dyno meant great grandchildren.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haven't spent much time here, have you Mikey?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Go watch Charlie Brown.

11. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Grandparenthood -- that's the life. Oldest son has a girl five and a boy who will be two in March. They're great fun. I can spoil them and send them home.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My parents love it. They spend more time with their grandchildren than they ever spent with us at those ages. Being retired certainly has its benefits, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted