1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The President Appears on The View

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I agree completely.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's hardly a big deal that he spent an hour or whatever on the show. It's a new and different audience for him to reach out to -- one that probably doesn't spend a lot of time watching the moronic cable newsers. They had some substantive discussions on some of the issues, while focusing on other moronic things as well. But it's not like he's spending a week getting ready to host SNL or something like that.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm pretty sure that there's a parallel to be drawn between "being willing to appear on The View" and "being the kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with," as well.

And of course, he gets criticized for being "elitist," yet when he goes on what is quite clearly not a particularly elitist show, he gets criticized for that. Gee, you'd almost think there's a faction of people determined to criticize him no matter what he does!

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't care about the President not going to the Boy Scout event, but I believe the Jamboree only happens every four years.

So, it's not like he can go next year. If you're a one term President, you only get one shot.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So where was the hue and cry when Bush didn't go in his first term?

That's what I thought.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dude, I said I didn't care if he didn't go.

I was just pointing out that it was a once every four years event.

Argue all you want. Was just trying to give you the facts.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Appreciate the facts. Didn't realize it was once every four years. I was merely pointing out that the hue and cry -- not necessarily from yourself -- is utter and complete bullshit, as is 90% of the shit the howler-monkey corps flings at the proverbial wall.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She's only been around for 11 Presidential administrations?

9. I'm just waiting for the articles about how Obama's motorcade and Air Force One screwed over work-a-day commuters. I'm guessing that his appearance on the View will piss more people than it will be worth in political terms.

The gang that couldn't shoot straight is going a long way toward making Jimmy Carter look competent.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell - I think he should have gone to the Boy Scout jamboree - being the 100th anniversary and all that. The president does all sorts of meaningless things, turkey pardons, egg rolls..., he might have gotten some decent press.
    His staff had to know he would get hammered about it. I find it hard to believe he couldn't do attend the Boy Scout event and The View if he wanted to.

11. He couldn't go to the Boy Scouts event because he's already viewed as useless by the gay lobby. If he went to the Boy Scouts Jamboree then it would have been all out war.

He's going on the View because his support among women has dropped from 59% to 45%.

The ship be sinking.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Micheal Ray Richardson is the on the phone, demanding royalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.