1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The President Appears on The View

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I maintain that the show has lost significantly since Meredith Viera left, but this is entertaining.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100729/pl_yblog_upshot/obama-courts-the-ladies-of-the-view

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do they show Elisabeth trying to wash the black off her following the show?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, she won't try to wash off the ignorant. There wouldn't be much of her left.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yet, the Boy Scouts are celebrating their 100th anniversary in Washington, and the Prez can't be bothered to mingle a bit with them.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I watch a lot of awful television -- admitted. But I swear, you'd have to pay me a gianourmous sum of currency to watch more than one minute of that show. I don't know how people do it for free. It's really amazing.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just as the President of the United States, regardless of party or philosophy, should never spend 10 seconds fucking around with sports teams, he shouldn't waste 10 seconds on this collection of bubble-brained bimbos with a collective IQ of 73.

And the President should heatedly deny knowing anything whatsover about Lindsay Crack-Slut Lohan or Snooki the Greasy Pig, even of their existence. I don't want my president devoting one milliwatt of brain power to that fucking bullshit.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How many jamborees did Saint Ronnie visit?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I want a job at the White House Office of making the President Look Bad.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes. He should've spent time with a bunch of kids who probably didn't care who he was or what he said as opposed to spending time on an hour-long show fielding questions about about topics such as ...

--Chrysler and General Motors
    --Military escalation in Afghanistan
    --Wall Street
    --Unemployment
    --Shirley Sherrod

... And let's face it, had he passed on "The View" for the Boy Scouts, he would've blasted on FOX for spending time with kids and not addressing the most pressing issues of the day and ducking questions from Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

I wonder if FOX ever raked Bush over the coals for going on "Dr. Phil" and talking about whether to spank children. Probably not.

10. vicd

vicd Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping/
    "Every president is typically invited, though not all are able to attend. Obama's three predecessors each made it to one Jamboree in person. President George W. Bush spoke in 2005, President Bill Clinton in 1997 and President George H.W. Bush in 1989."

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So if he makes it next year, then he'll get an effusive apology, right?

Of course, if he goes in 2012, he'll be accused of politicizing the event. Oh noes!

(What am I saying? He'd have been accused of politicizing it if he'd gone this year!)

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He became the 11th US President to grab Barbara Walters' ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.