1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the pre-k 'say van delay!'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Sep 4, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

random story time ... figured if I had a video camera running and bob saget still had his show, I'd have made millions ... instead, I'll just type it out and share with my friends of SportsJournalists.com yesterday's little jps moment.

background: we've pretty much been set on the whole potty training thing for some time now, though sometimes the midget needs help getting the button unsnapped/snapped on her pants or what have you.

more background: our new muchly enjoyed show on tv is bob the builder. not sure why, really, but she digs it all of a sudden.

story: the tv is on but we're doing puzzles yesterday afternoon, not really paying attention to what's on. she says she's gotta go potty, so off she scoots. the tell-tale holler of 'daaaddy!' a minute later, I know, means we likely have a buttoning situation. so just as I'm about to get up off the couch, what happens to show up on the tv? her new buddy, bob. the theme song blares out, 'bob the builder ... ' and immediately, little jps gasps and hollers the same. as the song continues, she comes running/shuffling around the corner, shorts around her ankles, desperate to get in front of the tv and not miss out on bob. as she rounds the corner, it's all 'say van delay!' too big a step and she falls flat. she hops back up and takes off again, only to take too big an initial step, and this time really gets some air under her as she flops to the floor once again. all the while she's just hollering 'it's bob the builder! it's bob the builder!'

I laughed so damn hard. I'd probably have not had she actually hurt herself -- at least not for as long or as loud -- but this child gets bumps and bruises like crazy, so I think the everyday falls mean nothing to her any more. didn't bother her in the least. god that was funny.

JNEWFIFTY Member

And she wants to be my latex salesman?
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you got hit in the balls, you'd have a winner.
  4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's an awesome story, jps. You definitely would have had a winner.
  5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Aren't toddlers great, jps? I have stories like that seemingly every week, although not quite that action-packed. Memories that will last forever.
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Her future boyfriend(s) will love it, too.
  7. jps

jps Active Member

yeah ... love life, man.

and I used to think that there was no greater sound in this world than your little girl's giggle. I was wrong. the greatest sound in this world is your soon-to-be 3-year-old daughter offering up a spontaneous 'I love you, daddy.'
  8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Awesome story man. Your little one sounds like a great kid.
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Get a DVR or a Tivo, but then again, you would never have this great story.
Draft saved Draft deleted