1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prank call to the British nurse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe I don't read the news sites that are still posting daily about Lindsay Stone, but I think she's a perfect example of "it will be forgotten in a month." Sure, it will always be one Google search away, but three weeks after the fact no one is talking about Lindsay Stone.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody is talking about it, but try being Lindsay Stone the next time she tries to get a job. I sure as shit wouldn't want to walk in those shoes.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Was this nurse's name even public knowledge until she killed herself? Her name wasn't said on air by the radio hosts.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Anybody who works for a living can't possibly be impersonating royalty.

5. slc10

slc10 Member

If I am the hospital I am lucky the royal family or the British government look into a nurse giving out information. We have all the HIPA stuff here in the states but in England I would think it would be tough.
    I do have trouble blaiming the deejays. Yes it was a dumb prank but the nurse probably had some emotional problems and the call was the trigger.
    I hope the deejays go back on the air. They have to for their own peace of mind.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I hate those things and don't understand who thinks they're funny. Waste of air time.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Just so everyone is crystal clear, this wasn't the nurse that talked at length about Kate's condition (which mostly consisted of incredibly essential insights summed up with "She's sick and has been hurling.") That's the nurse that heard most of the ridiculous stuff, and the one where you think she really should have caught on to how dumb this all was.

This was the nurse that answered the phone and was on the call for all of about 2 seconds.

If anyone was going to be permanently shit on via the internet, it was the nurse who actually discussed her condition.

8. ringer

ringer Active Member

Was this nurse's name even public knowledge until she killed herself? Her name wasn't said on air by the radio hosts.
    [/quote]

Exactly! Nobody knew her name until the suicide. Unless there's a suicide note or evidence that indicates otherwise, I firmly believe that something else must have pushed her over the edge. Either it was (a) threats from the palace, which the palace -- of course -- now denies or (b) he life was in shambles before the incident.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think it's already been reported she had had some issues with depression in the past. There's been on evidence to support she killed herself because of pressure from Buckingham Palace.

I don't see what these two radio idiots could be charged with but I'd love to see them thrown in jail for the simple reason I think that kind of act is stupid and annoying as fuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted