1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Reporter Crushing Golf Cart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rmanfredi, Dec 18, 2011.

1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Someone left a golf cart running on the field at Cowboys Stadium after a Texas state playoff final. It went on a "Christine"-style rampage through a swath of reporters and coaches milling around after the game. This included Dekaney coach Willie Amendola, who apparently was able to get up and stop the cart. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that two media members were taken away from the field on stretchers.

Here's video of it: http://yfrog.com/n9xjysz

I hope Jerry's insurance policy is as big as the stadium.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When golf carts are outlawed, only outlaws will have golf carts.

Looks like it had good pin action, but still faces a difficult shot for the spare.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I love the one guy who wound up going along for the ride and could have stopped the cart, but just rolled out before the coach hopped in a stopped it. Of course if there were a free plate of wings on the cart from the press box buffet, every reporter on the field would have run it down.

BTW ... that's not your average golf cart. A little bigger.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That was the winning head coach who got smacked and tried to stop it before rolling out. A field worker actually stopped the cart.

That coach is the father of Danny Amendola.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching the video, I don't think the guy who rolled out could have stopped it. The way he fell in (and I think he was the first one hit), his feet were nowhere near the brake. Seems like he was just trying to steer it to keep from hitting other people, saw the other guy running up and bailed out to get out of his way.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a tired cliché and the chance to rip people without knowing what we're talking about.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The golf cart was only the beginning ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You can see he's jerking the steering wheel back and forth, trying to scrub off some speed.

I've been in two flipped golf carts, and though it's a good giggle now (I was only driving one of them, heh), you can get pretty effed up if you fall the wrong way and get run over.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Good thing it wasn't one of those Hummer conversion golf carts.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Looked like the cart was used to carry the pylons. Either a couple of pylons fell to the floor and one of them jammed the accelerator, or the pylon was jammed on purpose. If the latter is the case, somebody is in a world of shit.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I guess they could get in trouble for accidentally nicking a coach while taking out reporters.

Draft saved Draft deleted