1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Police -- early Tour dates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doubt that. Whoever snatched up Cougs (a fellow Steelers and Penguins fan) must know that she's a keeper.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

No dates near me yet. I still remember the last time I saw the Police . . . I want to say '81 or '82. Joan Jett opened. I've never seen so much cocaine in a public place before or since.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Looking at the schedule, we may have to honeymoon/road trip to NYC and get some scalped tickets.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was at Hollywood park for the Fixx/Thompson Twins/Berlin version. Berlin and the Thompson Twins were much better than I expected. The Fixx sucked hard.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Man knows of what he speaks. And I'm still happily married.

6. Tickets for fan club members go on sale at Noon on Wednesday.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bristol, only for some shows (i.e. Fenway).

P.S. If anyone is in the fan club and would like to handle some transactions for me, I will make you an offer that you can't refuse.

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

No, I'm pretty sure. I think it came from a story we ran today or yesterday in our paper. Kind of caught my eye.
    I guess, if you boo his kid, that determines how many encores the Stingster will come out for.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't sweat it. The band will be back here at least once after the summer...late '07/early '08, I think. This is a looooooooong tour. Nine months, at least.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's providing that Sting doesn't kill Stuart Copeland in the next year.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Great. I plan on being in Chicago the day the Cops are playing Dallas.

12. More dates being released later in the week ...

Draft saved Draft deleted