1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Poin original: Pamela Smart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 4, 2014.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/television/2014/08/17/hbo-smart-documentary-challenges-familiar-narrative/MtgAfvmVCFtm2Ou1iQrqaJ/story.html

Anyone see the HBO doc? Not much new but it is odd that the kids involved, including the one who pulled the trigger, are all going to be out before she is.

In addition to being the first teacher/student sex story I can remember, didn't this case beat OJ for the first soap opera murder trial played out on TV?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It probably was the first in a string of sensational cases that continued on through Susan Smith, O.J., Jon-Benet and Mary Kay LeTourneau. You couldn't escape it.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Didn't realize it's been that long, was thinking the LeTorneau case was first.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Seeing as how she was convicted of being the mastermind in the plot to murder her husband, I don't find it odd at all.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Agree. She killed the guy.
    She just got some dupes to do the dirty work.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Watched the HBO doc. Let's just say she has not aged well.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I still remember the really crappy TV movie about the murders that starred Helen Hunt and Ken Howard.

Draft saved Draft deleted