1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 3, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Heathens! Good pepperoni is awesome. Pepperoni and sausage is all I need on the pie. Or meatballs if it's a decent Italian joint. Well, yeah, that and sauce and cheese.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We're in the burbs. I already forgot the name of it.

I'm going to eat the fuck out of it when it gets here.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yes, good pepperoni is good. And it can be a good complementary piece. I always get a supreme from wherever we're ordering from, and it's fine as part of a larger package. What blows my mind is how people can eat it as a single topping. If I had pizza for my last meal, and could only have one topping, it sure as shit wouldn't be pepperoni.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Some of the best pizzas in Chicagoland come from restaurants in the suburbs. As long as it's thin crust, we're cool.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The delivery guy swears that we're going to love it. It's a family owned Italian joint.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I prefer to pair it with something as well. But I don't think it's overrated. Now, I'm talking quality pepperoni. Not those thin slivers they use at the chains. A good supreme pie (no olives) works for me too.

Batman likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Those are the best pies. I'm drooling for my local place now. Thanks a lot!

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Been messing around with making my own lately, even though there is a pretty good pizza place connected to my house. Working on perfecting the crust. I throw whatever is within reach on top. I think some of Ella's food was on there the other day (and I've switched her off Beneful so I'm good).

YankeeFan, why are you in the ER?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

BBQ Chicken pizza...not real pizza? Discuss.

Gold likes this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Had Hungry Howie's at The Big House. Once was enough.

Liked to drive by Domino's WHQ off 23 in A2 at night, looks cool.

Wonder if they still have a buffalo herd there?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Little Ceaser's does seem to be making a push with that bacon-wrapped pizza, at least with the commercials around here. Not that I even know where to find one. I haven't been to one since high school. That was the nearest chain place.

I know some people are all about the sauce, but to me it is the bread. A few places around the neighborhood in Pittsburgh where I grew up get bread from the same place and it is amazing. I always thought a bad sauce can ruin a pizza, but a great crust makes it the best.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

YF, I was wondering the same thing. Hope you and your family are ok.

I was envisioning you sitting in the ER with a massive head wound, typing on sj.com and waiting for a pizza to be delivered. Hopefully it wasn't that bad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted