1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

THIS is a pizza. You will notice the absence of anything resembling fruit. That's because it doesn't belong on a pizza. Do you ever go to McDonald's and say "Yeah......I'd like a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, no onions, large fries, large Coke.......and just for shits and grins......could you top that burger with one of your APPLES?".........NO. I didn't think so.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just like ordering steak. Not one table can unanimously agree whether it be rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well.
    5 steaks. Many opinions.

3. Yeah, but NObody is sharing a steak with someone.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Invariably, somebody will demand the Works. Then when the pizzas arrive, that person will open the pepperoni box and say "That looks good" and take a piece or two. At the end, the pepperoni is gone, the sausage is gone, you're still hungry and there is three-quarters of a Works left, with all the yucky onion and bell pepper, etc.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't eat steak. No meat.

A while back, I have a friend (who has since given up red meat) who had never been to Peter Lugers, a steakhouse in NY. He really wanted to try it, so I took him there one night. We ordered, "Steak for two." The waiter came, cut it up, was ready to shovel some onto each of our plates, and I said, "Um, none for me, please."

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The communists have won.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Fuckin' vegans think they're better than everyone else.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How come if you go into a nice steak or seafood restaurant they have at least one or two alternative menu items for people that don’t eat meat or fish or seafood. They have a vegetarian option a gluten free option a cheeseless option. I’ve got pizza places that make gluten free pizza and pasta, a bakery that makes gluten free desserts. But I went into a vegan restaurant and they don’t have a single alternative item on the menu? Have some burgers, or steaks or chicken or a nice sea bass. Is vegan/vegetarian a religious thing like Hallal or Kosher?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tomato’s a fruit

The definitive ranking of the best pizza in New York City

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Hopefully you aren't an actual chef, Chef.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lol
    I despise tomatoes.
    Cant eat them
    Tomato sauce? Fine
    Tomato juice? Fine
    Ketchup? Fine
    Tomatoes/Rotel.......Nope.

Draft saved Draft deleted