1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Tangent rant: What the fuck is with their breadsticks? Looks like they were made with yeast tumors. A little presentation wouldn't kill you, assholes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Used to really like Papa John's, but it's no good anymore. And CiCi's is definitely shit, even if it is only 5 bucks or whatever. I would eat just about anything that was edible if it was on a free pizza. Though I'd probably pick the black olives off unless they were hiding under the cheese. Blech!

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And whatever you do, don't bother with Dominos' chicken shit. Got that once as part of a mix-and-match special. Turrible. Would like to try the baked sub though. I think.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is hating Papa John's the same as hating McDonald's? Just the cool thing to do these days?
    Seen a lot of hate toward Papa John's and it kind of baffles me. When it comes to chain pizza places they're the best to me. Love the doughy crust and the thickness of the pizza, and it's rarely burnt no matter where you get it. Compared to the cardboard that most other places (Pizza Hut, Domino's) serve, it's a delight.
    Little Caesar's isn't bad either. It's not good, but the $5 Hot and Ready cheese pizzas are a nice cheap dinner when you don't feel like cooking. Walk in, walk out, get dinner for two for $5. Sweet.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd like to try a pizza with corndog crust.

BDC99 likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

PJ's is never burnt because it's always undercooked. PH is by far the best of the big chains.

BDC99 likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I do think Papa John's is the best of the chains, as well, but it's not as good as I used to think. Seems they are undercooked or cold a lot. Maybe it's because that's the go-to election/other event pizza in the office. Maybe I need to get a good one. And I still love the garlic dip for my crust. I could bathe in that shit. In fact, I sort of do, since it gets all over the effing place.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Another quick detour: Was watching a show about state fair food the other day and the featured item was a lobster corn dog. I'd be down with that.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've heard the new Pizza Hut pies are pretty damn good, but I haven't had one yet.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Had a brat corndog at the fair once, and boy was I disappointed. Was more of a cheap smoked sausage. On another detour, why don't more places offer corn dog nuggets? And pretzel dogs?

11. Mr. Sunshine

Pesto pizza: acceptable occasional indulgence or an abomination?

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'll accept it. Any kind of margherita/white/pesto pizza is good. I just don't really consider it "pizza."

Draft saved Draft deleted