1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 3, 2015.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The Happy Joes BLT pizza was always pretty decent too

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There are a lot of disadvantages to growing up in the middle of nowhere Kansas, but one bonus is that just about every town with a four-figure population has a Pizza Hut and a lot of them are among the first few dozen franchises still owned by the original families. I don't know what they do different or what they haven't changed over the decades, but the Pizza Hut in Osborne, Kansas sure as hell serves a much better pizza than some 10-year-old location on the East Coast.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

#pride

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

And your parents' money.

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I wish. We all had jobs.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

As a kid, driving to the next town to eat at the dine-in Pizza Hut was a big night out. A dollar for the juke box, another for the video games while the pizza was cooked. One pan pizza and a pitcher of Mountain Dew for four of us.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, players from all three county football teams would go to the county's only Pizza Hut after the games on Friday night. It was chaos. I can't imagine how awful it must have been to be a waiter on those nights.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If my last meal were a large double pepperoni from Shakespeare's and a pitcher of Diet Dr Pepper, I'd die a full, bloated, happy man.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If it's your last meal, forget the diet drink and go for the regular stuff. It's not like it's going to kill you.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Shakey's was a semi-regular Friday night place when I was a young boy. Dad would take me and my three brothers out for pizza to give mom some free time on Friday nights. They'd have the player piano going and old silent movies running on the wall. Pretty cool memories for me now that I think of it.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll admit, like both New York and Chicago pizza. So different. Not really the same food. Gun to my head? I'm a New Yorker. And have the best joint in the city on my block. So New York. But in the Midwest? Lou Malnati's.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted