1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Pitch" On AMC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jun 5, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Did not see this mentioned before, so here goes:

We all love "Mad Men." I am personally trying to get back into it. But was wondering if anybody was watching the reality show AMC has called, "The Pitch," which follows two ad agencies as they try to develop a campaign for a prospective client. Interesting stuff.

Am I in the minority watching this among SportsJournalists.commers, or do I have company?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've watched a few episodes, and it's pretty good, for a reality show.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I enjoy it, but am amazed how much of a smug a-hole you have to be to work at an agency.
    You would think they would have someone designated as the person who "guides" the creative process. Instead, you get people ripping on other people's ideas, getting very tribal with the process. (If it's not my idea it sucks!) How some of these places stay in business is a mystery.
    And the "prick" tagline a week or so ago? Did they understand who they were pitching too?

Draft saved Draft deleted