1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pirate Speaks: Leach thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Dec 30, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet none of that changes the fact that he punished a player for having a concussion and when his employer suspended him pending an investigation, he actually filed for an injunction against his employer.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love Leach's initial statement crying foul of "lies!"

If someone complains about lies but chooses not to mention what any of the alleged lies are, you lose me. I am going to assume that most -- if not all -- are true and you are crying "lie!" to fudge and salvage your reputation.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

No kidding. Digging into FOIA documents and when you make the connection is pretty fantastic.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Arrrr! Rum an' a wench for this scurvy dog!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Schad is reporting that Tuberville wants the Tech job.

That would be a great hire, but I'm guessing Tech can't afford it.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Alums make or break coaches. If Leach had a sugar daddy at Tech instead of people who wanted him gone there isn't a doubt in my mind that he'd still be there.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Yo, bitches, I'm comin'...
    ...to yaw ci-tay!"
    [​IMG]

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Outstanding, concise analysis.

Discipline through humiliation is terrible coaching. And to those pooh-poohing what Leach did to James - slacker or not - please go to your garage or lawn shed, turn off all the lights, and stand there for 2-3 hours, twice in three days, and report back about what an enjoyable experience it was.

Better yet, have a high school coach do it to your kid, and tell me your reaction.

Somertimes it's nice to see the smart-alec kid get outsmarted. I have to think a West Texas university president is a pretty good poker player, too.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Great point, Dan. I can imagine Leach being as impolitic with the Big Hats as he was with the powers-that-be in the university. Especially trouble if any of those Big Hats are buddies with Craig James.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Adam James is playing Saturday. His concussion was not that long ago. It seems like it might be dangerous to play.

Draft saved Draft deleted