1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pirate Lives In Key West

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nice story on Mike Leech in the Washington Post today.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/mike-leach-lives-in-key-west-hoping-to-coach-again/2011/05/03/AGxhPNGH_story_3.html

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

thought this was going to be about Jimmy Buffett.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You've got an odd little obsession with Leach, Boom.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

There are worse objects of affection.

5. Boom_70

Yes I do and proud to admit it. Happily got sucked in watching his Tech offense in a era of blandness before spread hit critical mass.

6. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Maese is the man. And that lede was the shit.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Purdue was using the spread long before Leach was at Texas Tech and I'm sure there were several schools that did it before Purdue did.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Mike Leach and Hal Mumme are speaking at a football coaches clinic at Iowa Wesleyan College (about 30 miles from here) on July 15. Mumme was the head coach and Leach his assistant at IWC in the early 1990s.

The date is circled on my calendar. The number of columns that could be churned out of that clinic...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if Leach and the photog stood in the never-ending line of tourists at the Southernmost Point to get that photo.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Be sure to ask Mumme to tell the story about signing his first contract with Kentucky.

12. Boom_70

Sure there were but not to the level of innovation that Leach brought to Tech. Passing dominant/ No huddle/ extra wide splits. Not saying it was never done but he sure made it fun to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted