1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (physically) oldest CD you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Nov 13, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

First CD I ever bought was in 1991 and it was The Best of Van Morrison

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Appetite For Destruction

3. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

1993, I won it from the campus radio station in some contest. An Aussie band called Not Drowning, Waving, album "Circus". I still pull it out and listen now and then. Had a couple of good songs on it.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"Core" - Stone Temple Pilots

(Disclaimer: I bought New Kids On the Block's debut on cassette a few years earlier :D)

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

First CD I ever bought was in 1992 when we got our first "real" stereo system.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Greatest Hits"

At the time, I was pretty frugal (still have a ton of 45s because I hated spending so much for a couple of songs on an album. I believe my next-boughts CDs were Journey's Greatest Hits and Bob Seger's Greatest Hits.

All still get a lot of airplay.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think it was an Allman Brothers Greatest Hits CD, can't remember when.

You are not alone. In fact, about the only time I ever listen to music is when I'm driving.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Saw them live several times, including when they opened for U2 at the LA Sports Arena on the "War" tour, before "The Stand" EP was even out in the US. Great band, and they continued to release great albums long after everyone thought they were done. Check out "Close," which came out just 5 or 6 years ago:

The band is essentially Mike Peters and 3 other guys now, but is still terrific.

For what it's worth Echo and the Bunnymen is another band that recorded a ton of great stuff about 20 years after they were forgotten, including a damn good album that just came out this week.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Pump
    Aerosmith

9. McCrank

McCrank Member

Green Day - Dookie. Bought it when it came out in 1994, and still have it. There were probably other albums I had before then, but they've been sold at the local record store. I still have Dookie - and still consider it the album that has had the biggest impact on my life.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

First CD I ever bought was "Something Constructive" by John Jarvis, summer of 1988. Now have around 700, most of which are on my iPod.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

First CD I purchased with my own money: P.M. Dawn's debut album, Of the Heart, of the Soul and of the Cross

First cassette I purchased with my own money was NKOTB.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oldest CD I own is Apocalypse '91: The Enemy Strikes Black, by Public Enemy. I got it with a gift certificate to the small record store on the campus of Local U. It's the third CD I ever owned.

I believe the first was MC Hammer, 2 Legit 2 Quit, which I got for my 13th birthday when I also received my first CD player.

The second oldest CD I still have is probably Use Your Illusion II, by Guns N Roses.

Draft saved Draft deleted