1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The (physically) oldest CD you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Nov 13, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The two-disc set of the 1989 DCI World Championships.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sitting in a box somewhere are my first two, that I've since ripped and live on my iPhone: Both U2. Joshua Tree and War. Strangely, I've never taken great care of my CDs - plenty of later purchases have been folded, spindled, mutilated - but those two are still in almost pristine condition.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Peter Gabriel's "Security."

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"Sgt. Pepper's" in 1987 (I think).

I didn't have a CD player at the time, but I thought I would get one soon for my birthday. So I put this CD and a new tennis racket on layaway at K-Mart.

Didn't end up getting a CD player for a couple years as it turned out, so the CD sat there for a while.

I did get to use the tennis racket, though. :)

5. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

"Out of Time" by R.E.M.

6. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I think I was given "Past Masters - Volume Two" by The Beatles at the same time as my first stereo with a CD player. It was my 13th birthday... and the stereo actually still functions!

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Drum Core International? Nice.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

U2, "The Joshua Tree".

Bought in on vinyl and then bought the CD when I got a CD player shortly thereafter. Probably also holds the mark for me of last vinyl album I bought.

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Billy Joel, 52nd Street, 1987.
    Didn't know it was the first album to come out on CD. Cool.

10. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

The first CD I bought "for real" was Pearl Jam's "Ten." Which is something a ton of people who were in junior high in the 1990s can say, but it's one of the few points of musical pride I can cling to, and so I do.

Admittedly, it was my second actual CD. The absolute first CD I bought was the "Aladdin" soundtrack a year or so earlier. :p But it was lost long ago.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I had that on 8-track (seriously).

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm sure mine was an REM CD, maybe Life's Rich Pageant or Document. I've transferred so many tapes to CD, I can't remember what I had first sometimes.

Maybe Doolittle by the Pixies, that may be my safest pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted