1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I've learned two things here: Tiny guns for tiny hands can still be a decent sized caliber. And never argue with the Southern contingent of SJ about guns.

2. Spartan Squad

That's true except
    1) They are actively pointing the guns at people as they walk by. I suspect if it was just to stand at the ready, you don't need to actively point a gun at someone
    2) The woman keeps her finger in the trigger the whole damn time (while shouting and pointing it at protesters).
    Sure they have the right to defend their homes, but to actively threaten people walking by like that?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

.380 is a spitball. You can get a .45 or a 10mm autoloader that's not much larger. If you go to a medium frame revolver, you can get a .357 magnum with a 2" barrel and small hand grip that is quite concealable.

I think that you are misconstruing the PPK though - it and other pocket pistols are not built that way for small hands, although they work for that. They are sized to make concealed carry easier, more comfortable, and to not show through your clothes that you are carrying a pistol.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Walther PPK. 7.65 millimeter. Only three men I know use such a gun. I believe I've killed two of the them."

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

The PPK was James Bond's second pistol, after M took away his little toy Beretta 418.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If we're going to talk Walthers, we've got to talk Walthers pointed at testicles.

Chef2 likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

P-38 and PPK, both in 9mm.

9. Spartan Squad

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Cootie and the Blowfish

HC and OscarMadison like this.