1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yet another person to add to the unemployment rolls....

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Identify one instance where the protestors beat anyone on their home; anywhere in the US this summer.

Walking even on private property NEVER justifies shooting them.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Murderous Jacobins" ... LOL. They were passing by on route to the Mayor's house. They had no interest in those fartnozzles until they charged out of their tacky-ass mansion to give a lesson on how not to safely handle a firearm.

Also, too, that's not really a guard shack - given it's never staffed by a guard and the gates are unlocked.

Regan MacNeil and OscarMadison like this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Just for fun, I went to Google Maps and looked at the entrance to Portland Place, as seen from Kingshighway. It looks to me like a situation where the street is gated, but the sidewalks are not. (NB: It does appear to be clearly marked as a private street.)

Google Maps

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No surprise that the people defending these clowns are the same people who support police that shoot and kill accused jaywalker.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Were they a mob? Were there hundreds of them? Were they angry?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

C072FB8A-10F0-445B-9A73-2AF058E74645.jpeg

French’s Mustard on the Mime-Shirt Woman in the Upper Parlor.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Look the way this guy is writing, he's not far from telling us you can shoot a jogger from a pickup in the street because he was seen in a construction zone earlier. I wouldn't take what he says with any authority.

9. Inky_Wretch

Part our hunting property is adjacent to a National Forest. Even though we've put purple paint and "Private Property" signs on every other tree and strung two strands of barb wire along the 200-foot boundary, we occasionally have people wander onto our land. It's not often, because it's a good two miles from the nearest road. But it happens.

Not once when I've ran into somebody traipsing around that section of the property have I thought "Well, he's on private property. I better shoot him!" I've not even leveled a pistol or rifle at them. I guess I need to yell "murderous Jacobins" and aim for center mass next time.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I had a couple of The Murderous Jacobins discs in the 80s. They weren't as fun to listen to as Bananarama, so I traded them for a Plimsouls t-shirt and a half-dozen hanks of bootleg Coates floss.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know, The Murderous Jacobins put out the Mustard Stain on a Mime Shirt LP, that was at least as fun as anything Bananarama put out.

12. Inky_Wretch

"Martini Glass or Pistol" was a horrible song though.

Draft saved Draft deleted