1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm shocked she didn't shoot anyone waving the gun around with her finger on the trigger. But if she did, I bet she drops that gun. She's holding that like you hold a hose in your garden. I bet whatever kick that gun has would be enough to free itself from her hand. And the dude is in no fucking way controlling that gun when he starts to fire. It would have been a shit show. And if anyone in the crowd had a gun, it would have become a cluster fuck.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Exactly. And they woulda been crowd-rushed even without guns.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They would have been better off going out there with a couple jugs of lemonade.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You had to wait for it a little bit before Tucker threw Gov. Parson under the bus for not sending in the posse.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

These dolts have a multi-million dollar house. I’m sure they have a security system. They might even have a safe room. Instead of hunkering down to see if anybody tried to enter their house, they went out in the yard and approached the alleged threat.

That’s not how you defend your home. Especially when you are not a trained shooter. That’s what you do when the ruffians interrupt your dinner with their chanting and you’re angry at them.

lakefront likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They wanted a fight. Desperately. It's why Stand Your Ground laws exist: to give Trumpist white people the chance to kill black people without justification.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's when you need to channel Wyatt Earp.

Slacker likes this.
  10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

She's limp-wristing the pistol but the .380 isn't a high recoil round. Doubtful she'd have have dropped it. I'd bet she wouldn't have hit her intended target, though. Her husband's visible actions with the rifle are terrible. A semi-auto in .223 is easy to control. There's almost no recoil or muzzle jump. It's not going to leap out of his hands.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

She's just damn lucky she didn't find out. But once again, living in suburban Bay Area doesn't give me much access to firing guns (beyond a shotgun and a .22 rifle) so my knowledge of kick is sad. When this is over, I suggest an SJ outing so you guys can teach a Cali boy to shoot.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't forget to throw the .16 blood alcohol level into the physics of this incident.

Draft saved Draft deleted