1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Should just electrify their fucking fence.

Set to high gain, large mammal, like COW, BEAR, MAMMOTH, BIGFOOT or ELEVEN.

Post a warning sign.

Set up video cameras viewing the fence, pray for some entertaining footage.

Problem solved.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pointing a gun at someone with your finger on the trigger could get you an assault with a deadly weapon charge if you weren't a rich white person.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ah, the Nazi concentration camp gambit. Fuck off.

Slacker likes this.
  4. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

In this case, it was not applicable. A group of angry nutballs breaks down the gate on my fence, they're getting one verbal warning before the shooting starts. You don't know what kind of weapons they have and if they break down your gate, they obviously have malicious intent. They're not there for a garden party, that's obvious since they were trespassing on your private property. I don't like uninvited guests and I like mobs of uninvited guests even less.

So how would you like it if a bunch of right-wing guys did that on your lawn after breaking down your gate? As I asked before, would you invite them inside for tea?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That wasted bitch couldn't have hit water if she fell out of a boat.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s the police that should be taken to task. But the police have stood down in most places. You wanna tear down statues, spray paint shit, pop off fireworks and trespass? Fine by the cops. In Seattle, you could have your own cop-less, 24/7 street community until someone was murdered.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If someone is walking down the sidewalk in front of my house, that's not a problem. If I go out and point guns at them, now there's a problem.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

They weren't on the couple's lawn, they were on a road. You don't know what kinds of weapons they have so you and your untrained wife are going to engage dozens of people who may or may not have guns themselves?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

They're really fortunate they didn't shoot someone, or even fire a round. Even with the guns, they were standing outside in their yard, outnumbered significantly and escalating tensions rapidly, and that's a bad tactical position. They don't exactly look quick on their feet, so they coulda been run down in seconds and beaten to death in a minute or two. Or 30 seconds.

They should ponder their great good fortune a lot from this day on.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Would have mocked the shit out of them while still moving, but who knows, they might have fired over that too.

The two of them had the guns pointed at each other at one instant, for fuck sake.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but what if the water was mustard

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It was Colonel Mustard Stain on the front lawn with the pistol.

Draft saved Draft deleted