1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The PGA returns to suburban Washington, thanks to Eldrick Woods.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TopOfTheCircle, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Congressional is likely to have a PGA stop to replace The International.

But do you think the new tournament should use The Modified Stableford Scoring System? The PGA Tour currently has one team tournament a year (Presidential/Ryder), one pairs tournament a year (World Cup of Golf), and one match play tournament a year (WGC Match Play). It'd be a shame to have just another stroke play tournament ... kind of like all those NASCAR races on 1 1/2-mile D-shaped tracks.

Being near WDC, I know one thing. Tournament weekend, the region is going to be a freaking parking lot. I have been caught in one of those 63-mile traffic jams from Richmond to Dale City.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Te Stableford is too confusing. Plus, with having Eldrick's backing the tournament has its hook. Straight stroke play will do.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

There's no question Doug Ferguson will engage in straight stroke play if Tiger's there.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know what this thread needs? Hondo, the greatest golf writer in the milky way, bragging about how Tiger looks him in the eye when he talks to him.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Actually, el Tigre may not play in it this year. He has a pretty damn good excuse though, his child is expected to be born around that time.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Am I the only one who think people who refer to Tiger as "Eldrick" are pompous asses?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, unless you're like 90 years old and have a green jacket of your own.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Congressional? Great news if that's the case, but are the members up for that? Typically, they want their one U.S. Open a decade or 15 years and that's all folks.

Of course, Congressional beats the bejesus out of the TPC of Avenel, which -- from everyone I know who has played/walked that course -- should be given back to the sheep. It's the stalled renovation of the place that helped lead the Booz Allen Classic into oblivion.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually what I said was a compliment to Tiger. No matter how many reporters in in a P.C. with him in the big room, he always makes an attempt to seek out the questioner, make eye contact and answer the question directly to that person. He does with everyone. I never implied he does it only with me.

Some of you people have some serious reading comprehension problems.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They also may use a robert trent jones course in Gainesville, Va. Which means the typical hour-and-a-half backups on I-66 will now go on for seven-and-three-quarters hours even though the road simply takes people to the middle of fucking no where.

11. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Make it a speed golf tourney. Give 'em carts and 1 hour to complete each round.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Very true.

Draft saved Draft deleted