1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Perfect Vacuum, Physics re-written

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Oct 10, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was a rare meeting of the minds: Clarence Thomas and the Rev. Al Sharpton, talking about life yesterday in the Supreme Court justice's chambers.

How'd that happen? Via conservative commentator Armstrong Williams, who invited the liberal activist to the book party for Thomas he hosted last week. Sharpton declined ("I didn't think it was appropriate because I don't endorse him" -- also, it was the reverend's birthday that night), but was curious enough to say he'd be grateful for a meeting some time. To his surprise, Thomas agreed.

"It was like two lost friends," Williams, who witnessed the colloquy, gushed to us yesterday. He said Thomas remembered when Sharpton protested outside his house ("Too bad I wasn't home, I would have let you in!").

Sharpton described the meeting to us as "by no means deferential -- it was candid. . . . I told him I disagreed with him on affirmative action, he told me he disagreed with me on preferences. . . . I said I respected what he's done with his life, but some of his votes I questioned."

So . . . anything in common? "Both of us have been controversial," Sharpton said. "And I think neither of us cares that we've been controversial."

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Careful, 'yab. If your erection lasts longer than four hours, consult a physician.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Chill. It All Good.

Draft saved Draft deleted