1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The perfect restaurant for Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

White Castle!

http://whitecastle.com/ValentinesDay/

Make your Valentine’s day STEAMY! Take your Valentine to White Castle on Wednesday, February 14 between 5 and 8 p.m. and enjoy hostess seating, candlelit dining and your own server. Reservations are required, so check the list below for participating Castles near you!

Special this year, you can also treat your honey to a romantic White Castle dinner in your home! Cupid’s Crave Kits include eight cheeseburgers, one sack of fries, two regular soft drinks, coupons and keepsake items to heat up your homespun romance. Now, ain’t that sweet?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, my problem's solved.

Wait, we don't have White Castles.

Maybe a candlelight dinner at Tim's: two double doubles and a half dozen apple fritters.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Somebody at corporate came up with this idea, had it approved, and is getting a bonus for it.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That's a lot of food for just you, JR ;)

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If there was a WhiteCastle in my hometown, the GF and I would be there in a heartbeat.

Fantastic idea. I think they did it last year, too.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is the antidote to Valentine's Day overwroughtness. Guys should so do this; would be major sense of humor points. Major you'll-get-laid points? Dunno.

Will Ponderosa do something like this for Steak and BJ Day?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When is Steak and BJ day (The Official Holiday of SportsJournalists.com)?

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

for most of SportsJournalists.com, I imagine it's any time they go to Sizzler and have $20 leftover for a trip to the red light district.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I have this place in mind ....

http://www.hooters.com/

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We goin' SIZZLER, we goin' SIZZLER!

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Love White Castle, love the idea.

Howevah, if I tried that with the missus, I may as well sign a long term lease for the proverbial dog house.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Forget the cheapness of the place; how about the thin dirties sure to ensue after eating it? Wouldn't that render any sort of possibie shenanigans moot, unless your girl likes a Cleveland Steamer? And a wet one, at that?

Draft saved Draft deleted